Sunday 22 June 2008

Scoutabout 08: Gone Home

Well Scoutabout seems to have ciome to an end. The weather today has been fantastic, I finally saw Stuart but not Ange, spent some time in the Admin area after my control room shift and even got to go to the closing ceremony.

The radio station seems to be winding up here now and the stage in the main areana has nearly gone, the admin staff seem quite relaxed and all seem to be having a good time. I believe that they have processed over 5000 health forms, replaced some arm bands (they didnt have to replace mine) and the pile of lost property is quite big but I think that the Jamboree one would have been slightly bigger.

Today has been quite subduded to be honest I didnt do much this morning I had a sleep for a coupl eof hours before joining the guys back in the control room. Doug came and found me later this afternoon and took me out to the Areana where there were hundreds of Scout and Guide Flags that paradede through and round the Scouts and Guides there was lots of music and some speaches, then they all departed and we came into the Admin area where I met everyione that had been dealing with all the weekend paperwork.

It was then that I saw Stuart, he insulted me by calling me a Teddy but he did give me a big hug to make up for it. He was looking a bit burnt from the sun I think he was in the sun to long today but dont tell himn yet as he might not know.

Well Scoutabout is nearly over and Ive met so many new people as well as seeing some friendly old faces. Next big stop will be Kandersteg where I will get a chance to see Andy, Rachel, Stuart, Doug, Tony, Nick, Mike and so many other people. I cant wait. I wish it was sooner than next summer but Im sure that I will keep busy in the mean time.

No comments: